Monday, June 03, 2013

Yet More Period Drama Tag

Time to answer Miss Laurie's questions for May :-)  Only one month left!

1. What period dramas have you watched in May?

The Count of Monte Cristo (1975), Moran of the Lady Letty (1922), Sherlock Holmes (2009), Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011), and Rio Bravo (1959).  That puts me up to 20 for this challenge!!!  And to think I originally questioned whether I could watch 8 to 10.

2. Do you enjoy period drama set murder mysteries (such as Hercule Poirot or Sherlock Holmes)?



Ever so much!  I think I enjoy mysteries more than anything besides westerns.  I'm not a huge Agatha Christie fan, but I adore Sherlock Holmes.  I've watched four different Holmes adventures during this challenge so far, and I'm trying to reread all the original stories over the course of this year.

3. If you could choose any period drama character's wardrobe to wear for a day, which character would you choose?


Well, if it was for only one day, and I wouldn't have to wear them all the time, I'd probably choose Anne of Green Gables's clothes.  I love many of her clothes (we're talking the Sullivan Entertainment versions starring Megan Follows), and I think wearing them would be fun for a while... but I would miss my jeans and their pockets eventually.

4. Have you ever watched a period drama solely because your favorite actor was in it?


Absolutely.  I will watch most anything just for an actor/actress I love.  Once, anyway.

5. How many Louisa May Alcott adaptations have you seen?

One, just the version of Little Women with Winona Ryder.  But I've read all her books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)