Sunday, February 05, 2012

Day 28 - Favorite film from your favorite director

Who's my favorite director?  I'm not sure.  Joss Whedon?  John Ford?  Peter Jackson?  Baz Luhrman?  Henry Hathaway?  John Sturges?  Alfred Hitchcock?  Kenneth Branagh?  I don't know.  I don't have one specific director I prefer over all the rest.

So instead I will mention two movies by two of my favorite directors that are not out yet, but that I'm very excited about:

Much Ado About Nothing.  My second-favorite Shakespeare play directed by Joss Whedon?  Yes, please! Particularly when it stars such Whedon alums as Nathan Fillion, Alexis Denisof, Amy Acker, and Sean Maher. 

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.  I adored the book, and so when I found out they were making a movie, I thought, "Oh no!  What if they ruin it?"  And then I saw that Kenneth Branagh is directing it, and I thought, "Well, okay, he's never screwed anything up, and I quite like several things he's directed, so maybe it'll all be fine."  (A lot will depend on who they cast as Dawsey Adams, though.  I love Dawsey, and if the casting is wrong, it'll ruin the whole thing for me.  So far, only Kate Winslet is listed on imdb.com, set to play the lead.)

Obviously, I'm also excited about Peter Jackson's The Hobbit, but who isn't?  :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)