Monday, August 10, 2026

Ranking the MCU Movies by Favorite

One of my favorite Instagram movie accounts, Old Hollywood Swoon, recently has been ranking various groupings of movies.  Movies in a franchise, or by a director, etc.  I have really enjoyed those posts, and they reminded me of when I ranked all of the Alan Ladd movies I had seen by order of favoriteness.  And I thought, why not do more posts like that?

So, I will.  Beginning with the Marvel Cinematic Universe, because I have been re-watching those movies slowly with my teens over the past few months.

Just to be clear: for me, the MCU ends with The Avengers: Endgame (2019).  I watched a couple of movies and Disney+ shows that take place after it and did not like them or where the franchise was heading, so I decided to just stop there.  For me, this is the MCU.  I'm not dissing the later movies, especially since I haven't seen most of them.  But this list won't include later movies and the TV shows.


I haven't reviewed all of these movies, but the ones I've reviewed have their titles linked to my reviews.

1. The Avengers (2012)
2. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
4. Thor (2011)
5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
6. Iron Man (2008)
8. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
9. Captain Marvel (2019)
10. Doctor Strange (2016)

11. Black Panther (2018)
16. Ant-Man (2015)
17. Iron Man 2 (2010)
18. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
19. Iron Man 3 (2013) 

21. Black Widow (2021)
22. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 (2017)
23. The Incredible Hulk (2008)

Wow.  I've reviewed way more of those than I thought I had.  I should fill in that handful of gaps sometime.

What is your ranking of MCU movies by favorite like?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so curious as to why GotG2 is so low on your list! That is one of my absolute favorite MCU movies. 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eva, well, I never really feel a pull to rewatch it, so that's part of it. Also, Ego annoys me. Also, I get all sad over Yondu.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a fav mcu movie, I love them all! (minus infinity war and endgame. I have beef with them for how they handled my favorite characters XD).
    And I'm also like you in that the mcu ends for me with endgame. Most of the movies/shows that came after I haven't seen in their entirety, but I know/watched enough to know they're not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopeful Pen, it's definitely a loveable franchise! Who are your favorite characters?

      And yeah, the newer stuff is so much into pushing Agendas and making Statements that they lost their fun.

      Delete
    2. Thor and Loki! I was very much displeased with how their arcs were handled in those two films lol!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are always on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)