Friday, February 10, 2017

My "Femnista" Article About "Sabrina"


The current focus of Femnista is on "playing second fiddle."  Sidekicks, runners-up, and those who avoid the limelight.  My article focuses on the romance in Sabrina (1954 and 1995 both) and the way that the title character does not fall in love with the obvious choice, the man she thought she wanted, but rather with his older brother that most people ignored.  It's a double-Cinderella story, in a way, as I explore more here in my article.


6 comments:

  1. Great article!! I love Sabrina -- mostly the newer one, but the old one is still good -- but you know, I've never thought about it like that. It being a Cinderella story for Linus too. That's so neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah! I hadn't thought of it working for Linus too until I started writing the article, actually.

      Delete
  2. Femnista about Sabrina, that's fun to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent submission, as usual. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks, Charity :-) I'm pretty sure this is my parents' favorite thing I've ever written for Femnista!

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)