Monday, February 01, 2016

The Classic Hollywood Issue of "Femnista" is out!

You might think I'd have a hard time deciding what to write about for an issue dedicated to Classic Hollywood, considering how nutty I am about classic movies, but it was actually easy :-)  I wrote about the films John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara made together, and why I love seeing them paired.  It's not just because, separately, they're my favorite actor and favorite actress, but because I really dig the way they played off each other.  To read more, go here or click below.



Other subjects covered in this issue include Sherlock Holmes, Audrey Hepburn, James Cagney, The Philadelphia Story, Mae West, Sorry Wrong Number, The Honeymooners, Judy Garland, East of Eden, and Norma Shearer...

8 comments:

  1. Your John Wayne/Maureen O'Hara article is really fascinating--I enjoyed it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I had a lot of fun writing it too :-)

      Delete
  2. This looks fascinating! I can't wait to read it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like another fantastic issue. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rissi, indeed! Did you know you first introduced me to Femnista with your blog?

      Delete
  4. Great article! And in reading your little profile, I wear flip-flops as much as possible. I think my feet are allergic to shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Phyl! I don't like flip-flops cuz I can't stand stuff between my toes, but I wear sandals from about March through October, and go barefoot indoors all year around. Shoes are bad.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)