Sunday, July 03, 2005

I've finished watching the first four eps of NYPD Blue now. I much prefer CSI: Miami. The show has a more ensemble cast, less sex, and I like David Caruso's character a lot better. In NYPD Blue, his character, Detective John Kelly, is selfrighteous. In CSI: Miami, his character, Detective Lt. Horatio Caine, is compassionate. I realize those one-word descriptions are painting with a pretty broad brushstroke, and both characters have depth, etc. But if I had to choose one word to describe them, those are the words.

I've gotta say, though, that thanks to these four eps I'm finally figuring out how to do a Noo Yawk accent. That one's eluded me a long time.

And those smooth blue eyes, that wayward red hair, and especially the upturned curious nose...

Shut up. I know I'm a married woman. Doesn't mean I can't appreciate the scenery.

2 comments:

  1. Woo! So I'm not the only one who learns and imitates accents from the movies/tv!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you're definitely not the only one! I learn great accents from movies/tv! Like, I have two different Irish accents, one uppercrusty ala Pierce Brosnan, and one lower-class ala Sean Bean in Patriot Games. I've learned Australian from many movies, I can do Russian ala Chekov from Star Trek, and my impersonations of Sean Connery and Yoda are said to be really good considering I'm a girl. But I've never mastered that Noo Yawk accent, so I'm happy to be learning it now. Oh, and I've never been able to do a good Bronxian ala Vic Morrow. Hmm. There was a time when I could do a fantastic French accent ala Lancelot from Camelot tho.

    ReplyDelete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)