Friday, June 24, 2016

The Quotation Tag -- Day 3

The third and final day!  Once again, here are... The Rules:

Thank the person who nominated you 
Nominate 3 new bloggers every day 
Post a new quotation every day for 3 consecutive days
(Hey, I got them all done in a single week, at least!)

Here are the final three quotations about writing that I want to share:

Hemingway:

(It's nice to know he had days like that too.)

ctsuddeth.com: I'm doing this:

(That's my favorite reason for writing.  So I can read the story!)

L'Amour tells it like it is.:

(Yes!  Time to turn that faucet on.)

Today, I am nominating Eva at Coffee, Classics, and Craziness, Jamie at Through Two Blue Eyes, and Meredith at On Stories and Words.  Play if you want to!

8 comments:

  1. Hey there! I just nominated you for a Liebster award! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louis L'Amour is the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good quotes! Thanks for sharing these, Hamlette. I'm going to have to copy these and keep them for future inspiration. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Miss March! I'm so glad you liked them too :-)

      Delete
  4. Second one has got to be my favourite! It's SO true, and I've totally done that before! Or sometimes, when a book ends and I'm like "noooo...it CAN'T end like that!" I just rewrite it and keep 'em all in a secret li'l notebook :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I have done that in my head for several books and movies. I have little headcanon redux all over the place :-) Just most of them aren't written down, but I like the idea of a secret notebook!

      I've also been known to take a story or movie that I really hated how it ended up and write a story with a similar set-up that fixes what I hated. A writer's gotta do what a writer's gotta do.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)