Thursday, May 04, 2006

I finally got to rent Capote last night. It was amazing! I won't say I liked it, because it's not really the kind of movie you like. Just like the book he's writing during it, In Cold Blood, isn't a book that you like and enjoy. But it's something you can respect and learn from.

Philip Seymour Hoffman definitely deserved the Best Actor Oscar. Yes, even over Joaquin Phoenix in Walk the Line. If it hadn't been for Capote, Phoenix would have gotten it, but this was just another cut above. Capote completely enthralled me, and I definitely recommend it to anyone who read In Cold Blood or digs movies about writers. But serious ones, not fun romps like Alex & Emma. More like The Hours, only without the triple-narrative time-line-hopping fictional stuff. It's a film, not a movie, in other words.

And in other exciting news, I now have all 6 Harry Potter books in hardcover! Thanks to some birthday money, I ordered the first five from Amazon.com, and they arrived today :-D I already had book 6, of course, since I bought it last fall when it came out. I think I'm going to reread the end of my favorite, The Prisoner of Azkaban, tonight after Cowboy commandeers the computer...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)